Saturday, June 16, 2012

Saturday Gifts

The air seems a little better today, we have a bit of a breeze and so it seems a bit clearer than it was yesterday. Recovering from my shoulder replacement last week, part of my rehab is to go outside and walk at least two or three times a day. In the last two days I haven't been able to that.  I'm looking forward to being able to do that today, to get outside and walk a little.  It is a beautiful day and I should get out.

I remember, for someone having surgery as major as this was, it would be the practice to have them stay in the hospital two to three weeks, if it could be done at all.  I was up within 12 hours, home in less than 24!  I fret about not being able to get up and go for a walk a week after surgery, not thinking that I am very blessed to be able to do that at all, it's something that I'm truly grateful for.   I try not to let myself forget that probably 15 years ago the surgery wouldn't have even been possible and I would've been condemned to a life of ever decreasing movement in my right arm. God truly is great.  God has also blessed me in that, contrary to predictions, I have had no pain whatsoever in my right shoulder; after such a surgery it's a miracle. 

I should also say that I'm writing this post via dictation to the Vdictation app on my ipad. I've done this with the last two or three posts and I'm getting better at it,  which I'm also grateful for. It lets me have some contact with the world during a time when my movement is still somewhat restricted.



What are you grateful for today?

No comments: