Lets keep it simple. I am all of the following:
· A native of Detroit, (inside 8 Mile Road)
· A baby-boomer who never became a hippy or wore tie-die t-shirts (honest!)
· A Viet Nam veteran
· A Husband
· A retired corporate controller and CPA (no, I can't give you any tax advice)
· A former Presbyterian, now Catholic (having crossed the Tiber on tax day, 1995, how appropriate)
· A Camaldolese/Benedictine oblate in formation
· A lover of good books
· A lover of certain fine Irish Whiskeys and many fine beers
· A blogger
· A restless soul, most recently transplanted from Texas, now living in Colorado
· A guy who grew chin whiskers in honor of John Steinbeck's reason for doing the same, it's one of the few things left in the world that a man can still do better than a women.
For better or worse, and in varying degrees, all of these things have influenced my life and contributed to my initial and on-going, daily, process of conversion to faith and to the Church. I’m writing for anyone who shares my conversion process (and any of the above interests).