Saturday, February 26, 2011

Listening to Tradition, Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Tabernacle


To love, suffer, and pray, always with the joy that comes from Jesus. Fiat! Deo gratias! I want to be Eucharistic, a hidden apostle of the divine heart. To practice complete, confident, and loving abandonment. To go to God through the cross, through the heart of Jesus, under the tender protection of Mary, my Mother. May I welcome whatever the future holds. Since it comes from the heavenly Father and the one Friend. As the future arrives, it will bring its own graces. Until then and even afterward, I must remember that “today’s trouble is enough for today” (Mt 6:34), and that I can work and suffer for others and for the glory of God only today.

Finally, inner depths, where he comes in communion, wonderfully uniting himself to us, making himself our guest, our friend, our spiritual food, living on in us spiritually after the actual presence has ceased; this is the tabernacle of his heart, the place of his delights, his repose and his joy. Oh, how I long to be for him at the same time a heaven, a tabernacle, and this appearance under which he comes to me! From beneath this veil where my Savior hides, I will let him shine forth, drawing those he wants to save.


Elisabeth Leseur, was a married lay woman (†1914).  Her cause for canonization is in progress.

No comments: