Monday, February 11, 2013

Benedict XVI Resigns

Benedict XVI has resigned and some bloggers seem resentful and let down. I can understand that, but I can also understand that a man who's 85 years old may want to slow down, and for his own spiritual welfare, spend his remaining time in prayer and thinking about the important things. Not that a pope doesn't get to do this, but probably not to the extent this pope would like. Also, I think he must see that the Church needs a man who can truly lead, not one who functions as a mere ceremonial figurehead; there are so many challenges facing the Church at the moment, he may even believe it's vital. I'm sorry to see him go, I fear, some, for what may lie ahead for the Church, but I wish our Holy Father well and hope to be mindful enough to keep him in my prayers always.

No comments: