Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A False Impression

I may have given a false impression with a post I did recently. I am still heading in the direction of formally becoming an oblate at Prince of Peace Abbey, a Benedictine monastery that I think will become my spiritual home. I am not considering the Lay Cistercians.

I do enjoy reading many of the early Cistercian texts, but there has been one test that I have always kept in mind in trying to differentiate between the various types of monastic spirituality. It is, if I had had a vocation to enter a monastery, what kind of monastery would it be? The answer, for many reasons, always comes down on the Benedictine side. This was confirmed after our retreat in June of this year to Prince of Peace Abbey.

So, if they'll have me, I hope to become an oblate there.

No comments: